Monday, February 9, 2009

Penny Black Saturday "Romance" and OCC "Favorite Embellishment"

The Penny Black Saturday challenge this week is to use a Romance theme...and what could be more romantic than Paris? Just for a little escape from all those Valentine's hearts and the red-and-pink, here's what I came up with...also using my favorite embellishments, fabric flowers and brads!

To be sure, this card has challenged me much more than the last few. I just couldn't get the layout quite right...was never satisfied...until I once again pulled out those great WhimsyWild paper flowers that I had so much fun with last week! :)

I also injured myself on this card...oh, yes indeed... while poking holes for brads with my long, thin (and sharp!) quilling awl, I slipped and the long needle went right through one side of my finger and out the next... Ouch!

Needless to say, I discarded the pieces I had been trying to poke holes through and went straight to wash it out and get a bandage! Once it was OK, though, I drew a smiley face on the bandage and kept on with the card!

My husband said I was insane.

OK, well Maybe...

Anyway, here are the materials used in the card:
Penny Black La Tour Eiffel stamp
The Paper Studio cream script
WeR Memory Keepers Boho Chic Whimsy Wild
random Big Lots stamp (A Time to Remember)
Brads and cream-colored fabric hydrangea flowers

The flourishes are handmade from tracing a chipboard shape, and are then distressed with light olive pigment ink (small Studio G pad).

Happy (and safe! ;) crafting to awl... (wonhwonh...terrible pun, I know...)

--Kathryn

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kathryn this is stunning, love this image and what a great idea - fabulous details too, I love it.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this card Kathryn - it's great to see such an original design and you are so right .... Paris is after all "the City of love". Gorgeous idea and fab card. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week, and hope your finger is soon better hun!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fabulous card, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is stunning....love it...the image and the LO...love the flowers too...can you tell I like it.......thanks for playing along this week at PBSC Hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I love everything about it especially the distressed look! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning!! I love everything about it!!

    Yes, I have changed my blog up some...I created my own header and background. =) I have left an award for your blog on mine....click HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat, You're amazing!!! I love what you've doing with the site.
    Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you again.
    Jan M. Lancaster

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails