Thursday, March 5, 2009

Carolina Palmettos...

The Challenge over at Dutch Dare for this week has taken me back to my heart's home... just think of James Taylor's "Gone to Carolina in my Mind...."
Matt told me the card reminded him of a beach house...which doesn't sound all to bad right now, if I'm to be totally honest. I keep dreaming lately of hammocks and salty sea breezes in an open beach house with a huge white porch and open windows and hardwood floors not a lot of clutter...walking around in sandals on a clear and lonesome beach like you'd find in the Outer Banks of North Carolina...
Ahhhhh, such a soothing, lovely thought...
In general if I'm going on vacation I much prefer the mountains; But, at the moment, I am very much in the mood for beach-combing, sand-dollars and sea-glass...
So much so that I made three cards in this theme. So, here are the other two for your enjoyment:

...and the third...

For the "straw" bow on the third, I just bundled together all the scrap trimmings from the kraft-paper mat behind the palmetto image. I was about to throw them away, along with the small ribbon scrap...when I realized, "hey--these look pretty cool together!"...

Isn't that how most creativity happens, though? A fortunate accident?! ;)
I embossed the avocado-colored cardstock in my favorite little lime-green machine, and the stamp is actually from a Goodwill stash find a number of months ago...I'm tellin' ya I was a very happy camper that day! :)
Hugs and smiles to all and thanks for visiting!
--Kathryn
PS--don't forget to enter for my blog candy on the main page--there's still two weeks to go!

5 comments:

  1. I think this looks really great! Makes me long for the beach, sun, sand...

    Thank you for joining us at the DDCC this week.

    Hugs, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn, your card is lovely, I really like the shade of green you embossed, great palm image. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, love that green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tropical cards. Can't wait for summer to arrive and spend my days on the the beach.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Love your cards! I got to go to Hilton Head, SC last year and it was truly beautiful! your card reminds me of the soft breeze there!
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails