Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love of My Life SBL

I had a great deal of trouble finding just the right background for this photo. I finally decided on this handmade Indian pressed leaves paper from The Paper Studio. I love the end result--the "natural" theme of the layout conveys a great deal of meaning to me.
The lovely natural softness of the paper does not quite come through in photos; but I do have one caution for anyone using handmade papers like this: be very certain of your placement, and choose your adhesive carefully. This paper tears EASILY.
I have also used real pressed pansies, which were blooming on the grounds on our wedding day. The raffia ribbon was just floating around in my craft boxes. I think it works nicely. Ribbon did not fit the page theme nearly so well.

The mat paper behind the photo is a light green-crackle that looks like weathered wood (The Paper Studio).
The Elizabeth Browning quote is from a Vellum stack from JoAnns, inked around the edges with moss-green pigment ink (Studio G). When Matt saw this page recently finished with the quote after he came home from work, he said, "I was just thinking along those same lines today. We're becoming more like each other."
We both agreed that was a good thing :)
Have a great day,
--Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails