Monday, October 26, 2009

Mojo Week 110: Autumn Pumpkin

Here is my take on Sketch 110 from Mojo Monday! This is one of my favorite challenges to play along with, as the sketches are always so well-balanced and versatile. Here's the sketch:
I had some difficulty getting started on this card, since I couldn't decide whether to do a Christmas theme or a Fall theme; but as you can see, autumn won out this time. I may go back and do a Christmas card in awhile; but I tend to get into a certain mode, or theme... and I have to play it out until my scraps of the papers I've cut down dwindle sufficiently before I start on new ones. Luckily I have some Christmas cards left over from last year.... so my procrastination won't have dire consequences. :)
Here's a little image detail:
Materials used on this card:
Card base made from Kraft cardstock (cut to 5 1/2" square)
White paisley Kraft by Making Memories
Green polka dots from My Mind's Eye
"Orange Flowers" from My Mind's Eye
Large scallop motif from Boho Chic Whimsy Wild double-sided cardstock, MME
Chocolate Chip cardstock
Parchment Cardstock
"Autumn" sticker from Sticko by EK Success
Brown fine-point Sharpie for faux stitching
Brown Pigment Ink from Rubber Stampede (for distressing image edges)
Robert Stanley Med. Brown Ribbon (99 cents for 20 yeards at Hobby Lobby)
Pumpkin Stamp from Paper Inspirations (clearance at Hobby Lobby)
Archival Black Ink
I colored the image using water, a paintbrush and: Enjoy your day, Happy Crafting, and thanks for visiting!
--Kathryn

13 comments:

  1. This card is over the top gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm off to investigate yours!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous pumpkin card!! I love the way you colored in the image. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great job - and your coloring is phenomenal! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card!!! Your coloring is FAN-TASTIC :) I adore this - way to rock the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Your colouring is beautiful too. WOW! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. YOur coloring is so nice I love it.. I totally love this card
    xoxox
    e

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this card! your take on the sketch is just fabby! That pumpkin is gorgeous! Thanks for playing this weekend at Practical Scrappers. Good Luck!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a GORGEOUS card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at practical scrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails