Friday, October 23, 2009

Sisters Scrapbook Layout

This page is of myself and my sister-in-law, Crystal. We were both so glad we would now have a sister, since we're both only daughters among multiple guys. Although I have to say... growing up with the boys does make you tough. ;)
For this page I used an old sketch by Valerie Salmon on Got Sketch?
Most of my other recent layouts have not been sketch-based, but this one just fit.
Here's Valerie's Sketch 54 (their current sketch is number 91):

Here's a little journalling detail. The tag is from Anna Griffin's Flora & Fauna set, and the monogram sticker is from K & Company: Once again you also see I've used my Martha Stewart 2008 Snowflake punch to make some interesting flowers out of DCWV Mat. I like to keep some continuity throughout my pages of a particular theme, and these snow-flowers are becoming one such element of this particular project. The chipboard flourish below is from the Neutral collection by Making Memories (Target clearance)... that set has also provided some of the continuity I look for. The ribbon is from a Michaels' bargain bin, found well over a year ago. The sentiment is from Sticko.

The base cardstock is Forest green, patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye and the thin strip below the ribbon is a scrap of White Paisley Kraft. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch. The butcher's twine is cheap and easy to find in and around the painting section of Walmart. Love this stuff.

Thanks for dropping by, and as always,

Have a great day!

--Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout and so fab details! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails