Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Warm Holiday Wishes Holly

The Cuttlebug Spot is running a Winter Theme at the moment, so I thought it was a great opportunity to do some fast and simple cards using my favorite little green crafting friend (i.e. Cuttlebug ya'll)...

I love embossing but I always hate to cover up any part of the pattern in a card; so this time I let the embossing be the main part of the design.  And here's a REALLY fast simple trick I've learned:

Blank 3x5 cards are the perfect size to emboss and attach directly onto a card!

That's right--it's just a 3x5.  Cheap, fast, and oh-so clean-and-simply elegant.  And it looks fabulously like SNOW!!
Materials used on this card:

Kraft cardstock
Blank white 3x5 index card
DCWV textured cardstock Green #1

Holly stamp from Rubber stampede
Ranger Superfine Clear heat-embossing powder
BIC Mark-it markers and Crayola Colored Pencils
Sentiment stamp from PrintWorks Clearly Defined Christmas set

Cuttlebug "Floral Fantasy" and "Swiss Dots" embossing folders
Offray White grosgrain ribbon (WalMart)
X-Acto blade

Here are some other views/cards along similar lines:
The card above uses the Birds and Swirls embossing folder and Martha Stewart punched snowflakes.

Thank you all for visiting, and I wish you a wonderful start to your holiday season!

--Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. I love these (especially the holly one) - just lovely and elegant and so perfect for the holidays. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Christmas Cards are stunning.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails