Saturday, July 16, 2011

What Have I Been Up To? -- ER, Etsy and Red Wagons!

Hello all and good afternoon!  The babies and DH are taking a late afternoon snooze so here I am taking the opportunity to update my recently neglected blog.  Where have I been?

Oh dear.....



Where have I not been with my two little tornadoes these past two weeks?! 
"Thing One" has an appointment with a Pediatric Orthopedist this coming week and will probably need braces for his little legs to correct a problem I'd been asking the doctor about for the past year.  They kept saying, "Oh, that usually just goes away on its own."  As it turns out, in 5% of cases, this particular problem DOESN'T go away "on its own" and now we're going to need some intervention to prevent a lot more trouble later on.  It's going to be so hard to see my little helper frustrated with not being able to just zoom and go.....



In addition, I injured my left arm a week and a half ago (got a little over-enthusiastic on the Rhythm Boxing workout... argh), and had two large custom Etsy orders to fill.  So I was crafting one-handed.... on a timetable.  Still, all the custom work is completed now with time to spare and I have been very pleased with the finished products.  Here is just a small part of one order.  Along with a lot of other things, I made 30 thank you cards for my client's little boy's Red Wagon themed birthday party.  I had such a good time I might just do a wagon b-day one day down the road myself.  In fact, though, Thing 1's obsession with trains might call for a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday.  (Good thing Mommy likes trains too :)

The red wagon cards:


I drew and colorized the little red Radio Flyer wagon graphic myself using my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet (this is how I've done all the Digital Sketches I'm offering here for you all on Mondays).  I am so happy with this tool!  I am glad I got the medium-sized tablet as well; the large would have taken up far too much space on my computer desk, and the small one just wouldn't have had enough working area for me.  If you happen to be thinking about buying a tablet at all, I highly recommend Wacom's products.  Not to mention it comes with free software downloads like Corel Painter, Autodesk Sketchbook (my preferred program for sketching so far), and Adobe Photoshop Elements.  OK, pitch over.... I'm just enthusiastic.


 Here are a few challenges (5 total):



Materials Used on these Cards:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink, Martha Stewart, American Crafts}
Stamps {HamptonArt, Fiskars}
Ink {Ranger, Studio G}
Banner tags {Martha Stewart}
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circle (Lg) die
Circle cutter {Martha Stewart}
Swiss dots embossing folder {ProvoCraft}
Machine stitching
Original hand-drawn graphic

***************************

On another note, have you thought of joining in for my



You can enter as many times as you like... which is in your interest, since
I'm offering a prize that will GROW along with the number of entries!

Give it some thought... I'd love to see your take on the July theme, which is FAVORITE TREES.
In other words... practically anything goes! (As long as it's inspired by or has a tree somewhere on it!)

Well I think that's it for now folks.  Hopefully as things normalize around here I'll be seeing more of you than in the past two weeks!  Until then, have a really wonderful rest of your weekend!


14 comments:

  1. These are great little cards and there are certainly plenty of circles! Super job!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I love the little wagons and the color scheme too!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB cards, love the colour combo
    Hope the braces sort your little boy really soon
    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute... Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that your little one may need surgical intervention - hope that all goes well. LOvely circular projects

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards - Hope the braces work for your little boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything goes well for your little helper. Great cards and perfect thank you notes. I have trouble crafting with two hands so that must have been a nightmare.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathryn, Sorry to hear of the arm injury and the problem with your little guy. We'll keep both of yuou in our prayers. Your 'Thank You' cards are wonderful! Great wagon images and the designs are great. Love the stitching on each one. I think blue and red are a perfect color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous shaped cards, love the stitched detailing!
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three lovely cards for this challenge. Well done.
    Maureen.......x
    You can view mine here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super job on all of the Kathryn! Very sweet. Thanks for the 411 on the tablet, I've been thinking about getting one. I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? SEW challenge & hope to see your creativity here again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These thank you's are just fab, very impressed with your drawing of the red wagons. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you've had such a time. Glad you had a moment to create these lovelies...you are quite an artist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards!Hope your little helper gets better once he's fitted with braces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails