Saturday, May 7, 2016

Hummingbird Spring CAE Card - TImeout! CAS{E} Fusion

The aqua, green and pink/melon shades have taken over my
mojo today, folks.  I won't say it's a bad thing.
 
DH took the boys for a long bike ride and agreed to run errands for me
this afternoon, so after cleaning my house
(what a nice feeling, and the windows open, too!)
I have had a few fairly solid hours of crafting and sewing time.
 
Happy early Mother's Day to me!
As you can tell, I did exactly as my card encourages--
I have enjoyed the afternoon.
 
Not least because, not long ago, Jay came in and wanted to create alongside me.
He saw the hummingbird stamp out and ready for action, and while
I've had this stamp for awhile, somehow it has never seen ink.
 
 
Jay fixed that.



 
 
He got to give it first ink and then he made a Mothers' Day card for me,
painting flowers, fruit, trees and all kinds of things while he talked to me
about our garden.  I love his vibrant colors and even more,
I love his stories and that he enjoys working on things together.
Love my guy! :)
 
Here is my own card...made, of course, after Jay assured me he was
"Done with the bird." Oh my.
 
 
Unfortunately, you can't see the shimmery pearl effect of the embossed
hummingbird over the vellum, but it does have a nice quality to it.
 


Fusion: Sweet Orange Blossoms
 
I still really love this hummingbird. 
I painted one as part of my boys' murals
in their room way back when...
 
(because H is for Hummingbird)
 
 
Anyway, back to the challenges....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Still love those splatters and the melon/coral color was a jumping-off
point for me this time.
 
Now I don't know about you, but some of the challenge planners
at TIME OUT and CAS(E) must have had some major ESP going on,
because these two layouts go together P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y.
 
Right? 
 
 
The gems down the left-hand side actually match the Aqua mist cardstock
as perfectly as you could want.  They add more textural detail than anything else.
 

 
 Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Aque mist - Papertrey Ink}
Patterned papers {Ninth Street - by The Paper Studio}
Vellum {The Paper company}
Stamps {Hummingbird - Stampabilities; In Bloom Blossoms - Papertrey Ink}
Dies {In Bloom set - Papertrey Ink}
Dye ink {Berry sorbet, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink}
Pearl Embossing Powder - pesto {Recollections}
Artist watercolors {Grumbacher}
Sentiment sticker / butterfly {Stick-abilities}
Aqua gemstones {The Paper Studio}



As ever, thank you so much for stopping by!
Do enter my Spring Giveaway via Inlinkz
before you go. 
Find the giveaway post on the righthand sidebar!

Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn

 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the transparency of the hummingbird and the butterfly. It's just lovely, as is the rest of your card. Beautiful color palette, and your design is spot on. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls. Oh, and thanks so much for your little commentary on your son, he sounds like a sweet, old soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely. I bet the first one will hold a special place in your heart forever. I love the chevron backdrop on your card and the splatters....they add so much. The hummingbird and your butterfly are so pretty too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely. I bet the first one will hold a special place in your heart forever. I love the chevron backdrop on your card and the splatters....they add so much. The hummingbird and your butterfly are so pretty too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the sweet card your son made for you! And your card is beautiful -- wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lil guy is so adorable! He did a great job and so did you, with that fantastic hummingbird image~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love the design and that strip of pearls. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...what a sweet memory for you and your little guy. Wonderful card. Love the design. Thank you so much for joining us for our Pearls or Gems Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great project! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at TO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails