Sunday, May 29, 2016

Remembering Our Beginnings: Blueberries

If you've followed for awhile, by now you'll know about my blueberries.
Both the bushes *and* why we have them.
I had originally thought to plant a blueberry bush for each year we've been
married, but I quickly realized we would run out of yard and freezer space
way too quickly if I kept that up.

But yes, DH and I had a first date picking wild blueberries
in the Nantahala Wilderness.

Hence...



Somber lighting today from the rain coming from the Tropical Storm
(which blunted our cookout plans for awhile until Plan B came up).
There's a pearly sheen over the blueberries which is quite nice,
and the colors are not NEARLY as dark as they look!  Promise!

 

 

Here are the challenges:

CCEE1621: Blueberry Cheesecake
 
 
Blueberry, Blue, Beginnings, Burlap, Bow
(combined w/ 5 other challenges)

Make My Monday: In the Garden
In my case, the blueberries are literally "In the Garden" :)

Little Red Wagon #343: Round and Round

Chocolate Baroque #23:
(PERFECT shades for coloring blueberries indeed!)

 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Kraft, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink}
Burlap paper {DCWV}
Stamp {Flourishes}
Ink and Clear Superfine Embossing Powder {Ranger}
Doily lace edge punch, corner rounder {Martha Stewart}
6x6 embossing folder {We R Memory Keepers}
Sentiment sticker {The Paper Studio - family set}
Glimmer mist {Pearl white - Tattered Angels}
Washi tape {Recollections}
Cotton twine



Thank you for visiting!
I hope you will take just a second and
enter for my Spring Giveaway before you go!
Inlinkz is so quick and I've opened the giveaway to both US and
International crafters as well.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)

Take care,
Be well,
and enjoy the sunshine,

--Kathryn
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Kathryn! I love all the layers of texture you've added with your embossing and burlap and a beautiful sentiment to compliment your beautifully coloured blueberries. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your card, the inspiration you had with the sketch and colours has certainly brought out your creative skills. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, lovely sentiment, so apt for your blueberries. The image is fabulous, and your colouring is great. Thanks so much for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, we hope to see you again, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Kathryn! I love the embossed texture in the background and the pearly sheen. Your colouring of the blueberries is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful (and I love your back story). Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Love the layers with different textures! :). Thanks for playing along with us this week at Little Red Wagon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for including this fabulous Blueberry creation into Chocolate Baroque colour challenge this month, great piece of artwork, good luck, Zoe DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, Kathryn! Loving the shabby chic vibe. Thank you for joining Chocolate Baroque’s 23rd Colour Challenge.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Kathryn. Great stamping and colouring of the blueberries. I also love the layering and textures. Lovely story too. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Anne x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails