Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Family Man - Seahorse Undersea Card - Father's Day

I simply could not resist a little fun at my DH's expense this year
for Father's Day.  He won't know it unless I tell him...should I?
The world over, pregnant women get frustrated because men just
don't know, can't know what it's like.
Sometimes I think it frustrates our men too, because they're doubly worried
about us and the baby.  My DH has been good about foot rubs and bringing
plenty of water, cleaning up the kitchen when I'm completely worn out
just from standing at the stove long enough to get something onto the table.
But there's still that little kernel.
 
So enter an unlikely little creature--the seahorse.
Proof to all women that there is justice in the world.
Poor seahorse, he bears the brunt of it for all males--because
The male seahorse, not the female, carries the babies.
 
Ha!
 


 
 I swear I did not put a googly eye on Mr. Seahorse.  It's glossy accents and a very frustrating shadow effect.  Believe me or not.
 


 
This was just a free coloring sheet printable that I had found awhile back
for use during an ocean unit with the boys.  I colored it with them on Sunday
while I was home with a sick Jay and very helpful Robin.
It's perfect because my DH will have his 3 boys very soon, just like this
seahorse dad.
 
 
Challenges:
 
 
 
A2, Father's Day, burlap / loose interpretation of 'watercolors'
 
 
 
 
 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {canyon clay, kraft - Papertrey Ink}
Patterned papers {My mind's Eye}
Image {freecoloring.com}
Sentiment sticker {TPS}
"seaweed" {floral stem foliage}
Burlap ribbon, heavy hand-quilting cotton
copper brads {TPS}
glossy accents {Ranger}
Copic sketch markers, Prismacolor pencils
 
 
 
Have a fantastic day!
I'll be back later on with the winners of my spring giveaway.
 
Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn

13 comments:

  1. Love love love this card! What a brilliant image and scene. Great card design, love the layers and textures, so pretty, and great stitching too. So pleased you shared this beauty with us at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card. Love all the stitching details and the tiny peg is a nice touch. Awesome colouring too. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kethryn, I love your layers with the stitching and the image is just perfect for a Father's Day card. Fabulous design and lovely colouring. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring and stitching PLUS I learned a fun fact about seahorses that I did not know...Bonus! Thanks for playing along over at Cards in Envy! ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and colouring, love the seahorses. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La and we would love to see you again soon. Jennifer Dt member x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathryn! What an awesome card for your DH and I love the secret message of the seahorse too! Congrats on the baby on the way too :)
    Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a stunning card I love the seahorses. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge H for Hand Coloured Image. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured image and I love the layers and embellishments. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely Father's Day card. Your seahorse image is wonderful and I love the seaweed you have added. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card I love the seahorse and the stitching a great male card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, I love everything about it, the image, the colours, the layout etc! Thank you so much for entering our Crafty Calendar (Father's Day/For a Male) Challenge, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails