Friday, October 23, 2009

Harvest Scarecrow

This scarecrow just makes me smile everytime I look at him. I found him on clearance last year at Hobby Lobby. It was hard to actually use him on a card at last! But I love making fall-themed cards, and since Halloween and Harvest festivals galore are already underway, it's time to get them made and sent.
This card lets me play in my first few card challenges in a long while since I've been back in blogland. They are as follows:
1) My Time to Craft "Halloween Colors"
2) One Stop Craft Challenge #51 "Halloween"
3) Truly Scrumptious Challenge/Sketch 18 "Autumn theme"
4) Daring Cardmakers "A Few of My Favorite Things"
Favorite things used on this card:
Autumn theme and colors!
Cute scarecrow with a BUTTON
Cuttlebug and "Swiss Dots" embossing folder"
Some light distressing with brown pigment ink (sometimes I just can't help myself!)
Medium-sized neutral brads
Cardstock from DCWV "Green Stack". And it has cute owls.
3-D elements
Rub-on sentiment from American Crafts
Striped paper from My Mind's Eye--possibly my favorite paper company... but I'd better not limit myself... I just love paper, period.
Brown cardstock--my #1 crafting must-have!
Mr. Scarecrow and his Crow buddie... in a natural habitat...
Thanks for visiting!
--Kathryn

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, fab design! Hugs,Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for this weeks halloween challenge. Many thanks for joining in with our OSCC.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is so lovely. Fabulous scarecrow. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why the scarecrow makes you smile! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. That scarecrow is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love your card! The scarecrow is sooooo cute and it's obvious you had a great time using your "favourite things"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your scarecrow - very cute. :) Fab card.

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Loved the DCM challenge!
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great little scene - lovin' that scarecrow.

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a great little scene - lovin' that scarecrow.

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a cute scarecrow - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous scarecrow and he looks perfect on your card. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab scarecrow! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challene xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails