Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peace Dove

In the past week I have made cards to play in at least 7 different challenges but have consistently seemed to forget to post them before their deadlines.  I could just blame it on pregnancy brain but that would probably not be 100% accurate.  It's more like busy-holiday-brain taking the blame this time.

At any rate, this card still plays for the following challenges:
Daring Cardmakers White Christmas card challenge
Charisma Cards Anything Christmas
Creative Card Crew #39 Christmas theme
Practical Scrappers Christmas Cards
The Cuttlebug Spot Winter theme
Materials used on this card:

White and Kraft cardstock
Cuttlebug embossing folders: 2009 Snowflakes and Divine Swirl
Spellbinders Nestabilities Label dies
Long-Needle quilling awl (for hole-punching; this is in my top 3 most-used tools)
All stamps from PrintWorks Clearly Defined Christmas set
Ranger Superfine Metallic Gold heat-embossing powder
Butcher's twine from WalMart
Stemmed wedding pearls
Sewing machine
For distressed paper edges, I do not own a special tool...I am a big believer in multipurpose solutions.  My large scissors work perfectly well held at an angle so that they only tear at the paper's edge as I rub back and forth.  If you press harder on the blade, it will slightly curl up the edges of the paper, as you can see especially on the sentiment.

Have a great day all, and thanks for visiting!
--Kathryn

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and absolutely perfect for The Daring Cardmakers challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one with the penguin was incredible and this one is just stunning - what a beautiful, creative, sophisticated card! Thanks for entering this one too at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So many beautiful things about this card and so creative!! Thanks for joining us at PS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My what an Elegant card...I love the white and embossing!
    Thanks for joining us at Pratical Scrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and elegant card! The pins just make this card for me...love them! Great job with the Daring Cardmakers white challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails