Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girl in the Rain


I think I've broken my own record with this card. I didn't actually mean to; but it just so happens that so many challenges harmonize SO well this week! This card plays in EIGHT--yes, EIGHT--challenges!

Are you ready? Here they are:

1) Card Positioning Systems Sketch 142:
(I've flipped it vertically)

2) Daring Cardmakers "Scraplings" - 3rd entry
3) My Time to Craft #66 "Under My Umbrella"
4) Creative Card Crew "Strings Attached" - 2nd entry
5) Secret Crafter "Four Seasons" - 2nd entry - (just think "April Showers"....)

These next are the color challenges. What I am wondering is...how did they all end up so similar?!
6) Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combos #24 - Bashful Blue, Real Red, Certainly Celery

And here is my card:

I made the umbrella 3D by stamping 3 separate images and cutting out parts of the umbrella in each, as follows:

First I practiced my coloring with Crayola colored pencils; then I used a ZIG Glue Pen (I love this thing!) on the raindrops and Comotion Cleartops "Gossamer Blue Glitz" embossing powder.  I find that my new glue pen does not let the embossing powder blow away when in thin lines, the way my embossing ink pens sometimes do.  This particular powder does shimmer slightly.  I embossed the raindrops on each layer, so that they would be uniform on the finished image.
Next I cut out the pieces with my X-Acto blade and attached them on top of each other using 3D Zots, which I had to cut in half:

This lovely image is from Nature's Blessings.  You can buy all their stamps unmounted, red rubber only for a really fabulous price--and coming from me that IS saying something! :)  Use double-sided tape to temporarily mount them to your clear acrylic blocks.  I recently purchased a number of images from them and have been quite happy with the quality.  Here is a little coloring/image detail (pre-raindrop embossing):

Materials used on this card:

Kraft and Chocolate Chip cardstock (my last sheet!--aah!)
DCWV Textured cardstock Green #1
Blue paper from My Mind's Eye, embossed with Cuttlebug Divine Swirls
Script paper from "Autumn Splendor" 8x8 collection by Making Memories

"Girl with Umbrella" from Nature's Blessings stamps
Circle Punches from EK Success
Swiss Dot embossing folder
Brads from Spare Parts
Butcher's twine
Crayola colored pencils
Comotion Clear Tops "Gossamer Blue Glitz" embossing powder
ZIG glue pen
Thermo-web 3D Zots

Thank you so much for visiting, as always.  May you all have a wonderful day, and happy crafting to everyone!  Remember to enter for my early 10K hits candy before you go! :)

Have a great day,
--Kathryn

21 comments:

  1. i like your details. the umbrella looks great, as does the raindrops. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I love the 3D effect... awesome job! Thanks for playing along in the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just such a cute little image and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kathryn. Your coloring is fabulous! I love the 3D effects too. Great job combining all those challenges. Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare. Hope you'll play along again next week.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love how the rain looks 3D too. thanks for the great detail in the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work it girl...job well done!

    Hugs,
    Jaggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. And another one! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers yet again. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the image.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic work creating that umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the colours, thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab umbrella card - boy it looks like a stormy day - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the image and the way you have 3D'd it.
    Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/russian-ladies-xxx.html]russian ladies xxx[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/womens-russian-track.html]womens russian track[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/index47.html]sexy russian women in bremerton wa[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/facts-about-russian-women-wanting-husbands.html]facts about russian women wanting husbands[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, lovely image. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I never knew one could combine so many challenges like you've done here. Beautiful coloring, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, Kathryn!!! It boggles my mind to even think of trying to make a card work for 8 challenges. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoohh!I LLOOVVEE this! That umbrella and rain is amazing! Great job with the colors too!
    Thanks for playing along with the color dare!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card! Love all the little details... ~Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply sensational! You really put a lot of work into this card with all the 3-D layering, but it was worth it! It came out so wonderful. Thanks for playing along again with the CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lots of detail and work in this card thanks for joining us at MTTC this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blimey, eight challenges!! Fantastic card. Thanks for playing along with us at MTTC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails