Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Carrot Tree, 4 Challenges

Usually one does not immediately think of Orange, Kraft and Green as a Christmas color palette; but I have had a really enjoyable time this afternoon making this Carrot Tree Card:

I've used Sketch 140 from Card Positioning Systems:


And here are the other challenges:

2) Stamp Something "Cute and Fuzzy"
3) My Time to Craft "Scallops"
4) Daring Cardmakers "Punches"

I am not normally a humongous House Mouse fan, but the Happy Hoppers do make me smile.  It think it's their lack of little claws!  I like how the Martha Stewart snowflakes on this card also remind me of the frilly foliage on the tops of carrots (I suppose you'd have to be a gardener to think of that, really...or a rabbit! ;)

My latest favorite tool has been the X-Acto blade (as some of you may have noticed!).  It's amazing what getting some new, sharp blades can do for you!!!  I hadn't meant to cut around these little guys for this card... but almost every time I go ahead and do a close cut, just for experimentation's sake, I am pleased with the result.  You never know unless you try; the worst thing that could happen is that you'll have to stamp and color the image again.  I find that the close cuts just add that much more detail, and focus your attention more keenly on the most interesting elements.

As for Kraft paper, it's quickly becoming my obsession; I LOVE its look!  So versatile, so simple, so very krafty-fab!  Sadly, however, I think this card used up my last sheet--unless I am very lucky and have some hiding out somewhere.

Materials used on this card:

Kraft cardstock and Kraft White Paisley from Making Memories
Forest green cardstock
Basic orange paper from My Mind's Eye
White cardstock (for stamped image)

"Carrot Tree" from Happy Hoppers 2006 collection by Stampabilities
Image stamped with Archival Black ink and heat embossed with Ranger Superfine clear powder,
Colored with Crayola pencils and BIC Markit Marker (Key Lime), for the tree
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Brown buttons from stash
Butcher's twine (find this in the painting & tools section of WalMart)

X-Acto blade
Nestabilities scalloped circle dies
Cuttlebug machine and Divine Swirl embossing folder

Thanks for visiting, happy crafting all and have a wonderful day!
--Kathryn

10 comments:

  1. I love your alternative black snowflakes. Isn't it great when you can get a second or third use out of the shaped punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh and Ahh! I do love this one! So very sweet. Great image and great use of colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!! Isn't that just the sweetest image!! I love it and you've done a great job with the sketch! :) Thanks for playing with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful card and the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers again this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute card - love the rabbits 0 thanks for joining in MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the image! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, I love the stamp! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Kathryn. I haven't checked your blog in awhile. Beautiful stuff. Very, very nice.

    bonwal

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet card love the bunnies thanks for playing at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails