Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Joy is the Spirit of Christmas

This is my second card today, following in the wake of the last with many of the same colors and challenges for inspiration.  Lately I am so much drawn to clean edges and the bright freshness of white.  There was a time when I just couldn't help myself reaching for the inkpad to ink the edges of everything; now I almost hesitate to.  I suppose it proves that the only constant thing in life... and art... is change! :)

Here is the card:


I have based it on this week's Sketch 114 over at Mojo Monday:

Here are the other challenges, all of which are 2nd entries:
2) Papertake Weekly "Christmas Crackers"
3) Creative Card Crew #38 "Favorite Things"
4) Colour Create #32 "Green, White and Red"
5) One Stop Craft "Snowflakes"
6) Saturday Spotlight #8 "Ornaments"

Here are a few detail pictures:

I attached the gingham-checked bow on top of the dark green one using a small sequin pin.  It is snug and secure this way.  The ornaments are cut out from scraps of the same sheet of paper used on my Believe Christmas card using an X-Acto blade; then I attached them at different 'heights' using 3D Zots:

Finally here is a closer view of the tag.  The sentiment was not laid out this way; I had to ink the words individually (and carefully!) in order to make it fit onto this size circle.  The edges of the scalloped Nestabilities circle and EK Success-punched circles are inked with ColorBox "Evergreen" pigment ink by Clearsnap.  I cut out the holly leaves by hand and the red brads are from Spare parts (they also serve to cover up a tiny but unsightly ink splotch from my re-arranging of the sentiment!)

 Materials used on this card:

DCWV Christmas Card base
"Magic of the Season" patterned paper from Hobby Lobby
White and bright green cardstock

*The NEW Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder!  I just received this in the mail from BettyB and let me tell you it is WONDERFUL--Thanks so much Betty!! :)
Martha Stewart Doily lace edge punch
Ribbons from stash
Red brads from Spare parts
ColorBox "Evergreen" pigment ink from Clearsnap
 PrintWorks Art Stamps "Clearly Defined Christmas sentiment set
 --------------

Thank you very much for visiting, happy crafting all and as ever,
Have a great day!
--Kathryn

PS--Don't forget to enter the drawing for my November 10K hits Giveaway before the 30th! :) 

5 comments:

  1. Kathryn, your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and I love your baubles! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the pretty colors on this and your ornaments are beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing again with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornaments on a gorgeous backdrop! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! I love the paper, the dangling ornaments, the punched edging, the ribbon - everything! I think I actually gasped out loud when I saw it! Fantastic work! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails