Monday, April 6, 2009

Printemps en Paris...

...and a little detail...
I came home to a very pleasant surprise this morning... I made the Fab 5 at 2S4Y! Thanks to Kazan and Laura and the DT for all their wonderful continuing inspiration.
I've surprised even myself today by how much I've enjoyed using these soft colors and textures, which are certainly not my usual style. But, the Eiffel tower image (Penny Black) has been lying around waiting for me to pull out my watercolors to finish it for long enough...just like the "Ephemera Lauren" cardstock stickers from My Mind's Eye, the purple brads and the feather that I found a long while back on the ground and at some point tossed into the drawer with other crafty odds' n' ends. The hydrangeas are from a 50% off stem at Hobby Lobby... LOVE these...

The challenges are as follows:
Sketch Saturday #45 by Tracie
Secret Crafter Challenge #26 Stripes
and Creative Card Crew Challenge#4 Texture

Here's the inside:

Have a lovely day all,
--Kathryn

5 comments:

  1. The card is absolutely gorgeous, love the soft colouring and the image is beautiful! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I adore the soft colours, the flowers and that pretty stamp. And the inside of the card really finishes it off. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Love the one with the couple too. Your style is wonderful. I'm going to follow you so I can come back. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing and unique! BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails