Monday, August 8, 2011

Woodland Anemones and A Quiet Life

Here is my third entry for the Moxie Fab World "Fanatical about Botanical" challenge.  I don't usually wait until the last minute on things like this, but both our boys are going through brain growth spurts and are figuring out how to positively run me ragged in new and creative ways every day.  I finally photographed all my entries for the MFW and other challenges and Etsy orders today during naptime.
I love the botanical images from 100 proof press.  I was in a huge toss up over whether to use their
Carnations image for this challenge or the
Anemones.  As you can see, the Anemones finally won out:
 
 The quote is from William Drummond: "What sweet delights a quiet life affords."
While I made this card I thought about the tranquility of a woodland anemone growing in the forest, perhaps passed every so often by a chipmunk or a little red fox.  I wondered if her neighbor might be a birch tree, or a blackberry vine. 
And then I thought of what I would do with a "quiet life" (sigh!) for just a day or so.... and I daydreamed of how lovely it would be to sit and READ again--to get so very deeply buried in a book that nothing could stir you until you were through.  As a young Mom I have to drop any and every activity at least once before it's finished.... so reading is one of those pleasures that has to wait for now.  As I was thinking about it though, it just seemed so natural to use some vintage book paper and a dictionary backgrounder stamp... 
Words.... such a sweet delight.
 
Also one other challenge in mind:


Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Stamps {100 Proof Press, Flourishes, Hampton Art}
Ink {Ranger, Tsukineko}
Vintage book paper
Circle punches {EK Success}
Scalloped circle Nestabilities die {Spellbinders}
Gold metallic pen {Hybrid Gel Grip DX}
Butcher's twine
Sewing machine
 
Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Your last three projects are all so dramatic, each in its own way! Dearly love the anemones and your patience with the paper cutting is incredible. Love the end product and your simple framing is perfect! Great tutorial. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathryn! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! Love all the layers! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kathryn, this is stunning! I love the kraft paper and your soft colouring.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails